Google Domains - Payments System Migration
I was the tech lead for the Google Domains' payments integration. I lead the project to migrated Google Domains to new internal payments platform. Required modifying core order fulfillment system to use 4 new API. Changes to data model and purchasing control flow to handle more detailed states, such as credit card declines and chargebacks.
- Enabled user-requested feature of updating billing information for all domain and G Suite subscriptions at once.
- Allowed for batching charges for domains renewing on the same day to decrease the number of overall transactions.
- Sends product-specific risk signals for use in payments fraud-detection system.
Visit Google Domains
- Tech lead for complex, multi-quarter project with contributions from 5 engineers. Completed design, led cross-team collaboration, and implemented large portion of the code changes. Launched successfully ahead of deadline.
- Enabled launching in Australia and continued function in UK.