Aztex is a markup language that serves as a frontend language for LaTeX. LaTeX is cumbersome to write by hand; Aztex introduces lightweight syntax for switching between text and math modes, and offers user-friendly macros and variables.
Code on GitHub
- Scoped variable and function bindings
- Light-weight switching between text/math that just works
- Separates content from presentation more than LaTeX
- Compiles documents to LaTeX; supports embedding LaTeX
- Compiler built in Haskell using Parsec